Contemplations of a Tainted Mind

10.17.2008

State of the Soul Address

These are my projects. I am failing at all of them reasonably effectually. First, front and center.. cleaning. The apartment is filthy and disgusting. My room has no space, due to large pieces of unused furniture happily consuming floorspace in the least efficient way possible. Said furniture can't be moved as there are smaller things surrounding them.. luggage, clothes, containers, books. We'll see if we can't get that fixed sometime in the near future.

Photography. I need material. I need something. I need to sit down and apply thought to this.. to plan something. To actually decide on something to shoot and then get my mother's camera and shoot the hell out of it. Until I do that, this does nothing but stagnate.

School. I'm not failing per se, I'm failing per quod. My grades aren't horrible, but I can feel it skittering barely outside of my grasp. We'll see how this weekend goes.. if it goes well, I should be back on track. For what it's worth, I'm currently at 16/20 for Freshman Seminar (80 points outstanding), 25/40 for Western Civ (480 points outstanding) and 97/130 in English (410 points outstanding).

Creative Writing.. this is a nebulous one that ties into others. I need to spend more time writing, honestly. For anything.. I don't write enough. Then again, why do I write? As near as I Can figure, I do it because I like the reactions other people give me when they read my writing.. and I really don't get them. Seems kind of moot, at some point, huh?

Aelora. I'd like to organize information and get this centralized and useful. I'm sure Jared would appreciate the effort, as well. This ties into writing and other items as well.

Learning Go. I want to learn some of the basic strategies of Go. It seems like a fun game to play. Really not much else here.. I could buy a Gokoban and maybe a book or two.. aside from that, nothin'.

Website Design. I've let my domain expire.. I need to come up with a new site and new idea.. something that we can all share. Then again, that may not be possible either, heh. I have an itch, and don't know where to scratch it.

Server(s). Getting my server back in good shape will help facilitate numerous of these other things, serving as a central hub for all of my whatnots and whosits.

SRCG. I need to re-approach this from a more rigorous perspective and actually reevaluate it. I still want to do it, but since I've been absent from Shadowrun, it completely fell behind.

Game Design. I'd like to get into this, either on the basis of Aelora or just as random games.. maybe both. Either way, I miss actually working on code and mechanics, and Flash makes it easier.. there are other routes. I might even poke at the XBLA stuff, since that seems like a decent way to monetize small games. And, well, if I do the work in the context of Aelora, I think I could do well to get the IP exposed in slivers as such.

So.. this is my petition to whoever deigns this worthy of reading.. help. I'm not sure how to work on these.. how to decide what gets first swing and what gets the last swing.. and how to schedule my time and actually get this work done without feeling obligated or guilty for it.. that's completely aside from the empirical assistance I would almost certainly need.. writing, ideas, images.. so.. if you can, please feel free and let me know what you think. Also, I've left out a couple of more personal things that I, quite specifically, don't want blanket help with.