Contemplations of a Tainted Mind

5.21.2008

Thoughts about the Future

I'm alive, albeit barely some days. I'm slowly massaging myself, I think, into a fair routine in regards to it. I come in, I do my job.. I do the immediate work they ask for, and trawl about for other work to keep myself busy with the rest of the day. Hopefully, it'll be enough to get myself through school. I've been thinking, as I tend to, and I've decided I do want to pursue a degree in English. Resources willing, I'd even like to continue on to get a BA in Philosophy. This weekend, phase one of my room will be completed. It's remarkably clean right now, and we're buying basic supplies for a new desk sometime this weekend. We'll get that assembled and, hopefully, I'll have my workspace ready.

Y'see, I've realized that it's hard to do any honest work in a cluttered atmosphere. At least, for me it is.. I don't know why. So, I now have a goal.. a plan, of sorts. I've got a budget flowing, reasonably well. I'm not doing the best that I could to stick to it, but I enjoy my creature comforts. Oh well. I'm not real sure, necessarily, what I want to do after I manage to get through school, but I do know that it entails something in the publishing sphere. A couple possibilities I've been entertaining are doing something Mike wants to do.. teaching English. In Japan. Yeah. A BA in English is pretty much the exact credential one could possibly want to do that. I want to write, and maybe, if I'm luckily, I'll manage to pull something publishable out of my arse in the next few years. Flexing my social network has made me realize something astounding. All of my contacts, all of my friends, all of my connections.. they're all creatives. There is very little by way of truly technical.. force, I guess, in my network. This amuses greatly.

Finally, for those that are curious about how I might really reconcile my passions, well.. I figured that out today. I'll do what I've always done.. write for games. See, I've always loved writing story, missions, quests, whatnot for games. Ideally, then, I might get a job as a writer in the game industry. Just a thought. Anywho, it's bedtime, so yeah.