Contemplations of a Tainted Mind

2.28.2008

Thursday in the Emerald City..

So, I haven't really sat down in awhile and chatted up my anonymous audience in the Tubes. It doesn't help that I type about 10 times quicker than these silly iMacs. I haven't typed faster than a computer in awhile. It's irritating. Here we go. Switched to using TextEdit. This one at least registers my typing as I type. A bit nicer. Anywho, so. I'm in the Emerald City. And it truly is a glorious place. There are many blocks that have large fountains, miniature waterfalls, and just general flowing water all over. Apparently, the parks also have fountains during the summer. I kind of forget it's winter since it's been 50 degrees and downright sunny all week. Which is wicked strange, apparently. I've met a couple pretty cool people, Michael who's a 37 year old Ex-Marine, and reminds me uncannily of my Brother. He's pretty cool, he's kind of helped me out, told me about cool places to visit, and, well, inadvertently helped me get a possible job. Apparently, I may end up bouncing at Club Venom, which should be interesting. I have an interview for RR Donnelly tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM. Hopefully that goes well.

I had lunch today with Larry, it was good. He showed me the area right around where he works, and actually showed me his office and everything. I'll have to call the person I'm trying to rent the room from this afternoon, and see what's going on. Not real sure. I'm spending the weekend with Larry still, if all goes well tonight, he said he'd be off work tomorrow around noon. So that'll be neat.

Eventually, I plan to get myself a Camera so that I might be able to abuse people with photos. Once I do, I'll flood my Flickr page with them, and I'll be sure and put a link up here.

In addition to my interview tomorrow, I've got one other current job possibility, and two other jobs I may apply for. The other possibility is through McGraw-Hill Construction, apparently doing basic office Bitchwork. The other two jobs are at Verizon FiOS and Speakeasy. A guy that works here at the Hostel has friends that work at both places. Apparently, tech support pays way better out here than it did out in Columbus. So I may, in fact, brave the Phone Center for yet a third time. But then, I may not. I haven't decided yet. But we're talking double what I was getting working for Calltech out in Columbus. That's hard to say no to. Anywho, I'm gonna run off, these computers are pretty awkward to actually sit and type at. I'll post something tomorrow regarding the Bouncing job and the Kelly job!