Contemplations of a Tainted Mind

2.19.2008

The Plan So Far...

So. I have a week left. Tomorrow's my last day here at work. I'm going to talk to Jane regarding the contact out in Seattle, hopefully she can at least give me their phone number. I'm having trouble because I'm not really sure what steps to take right now to help get me where I need to be. I can't stay at the Hostel for more than 7 days at a time, and I'm not sure how frequently that is. So right now, it's looking like I'll be sleeping in the Hostel Tuesday night through Thursday night. I'd like to spend the weekend up with Larry's Family, if at all possible. If all goes truly well and good, I'll be able to secure a room by the end of next week. That way I'll have a place to live. Hopefully I'll also have a job that'll start the week after next as well. That's where Jane comes in. So, I've got a week left. And I'm getting more and more nervous as time goes on. My mum gave me two pieces of luggage, one enormous rolly-wheel-bag, and a little Teal Sport bag. I also am planning to head up to Easton sometime this week and prop up some cash for a Decent Backpack for toting about Seattle. Friday we're having a cleaning date. Sunday we're having a Going-away Dinner. In between, I'm beating a Full-length Firefly Marathon into James. We're about halfway through. And writing. I'll also have to take care to retrieve all of my music and data from my HD. Probably going to delete a good chunk of it. I'm not real fond of my Tom Waits or KMFDM Discogs. And they're bloody huge.

So far, so good. Then there are the doubts. Those aching shadows that permeate my deeper thoughts. The ones that say "What if?" and never give a good response. As it is, I'll not voice their concerns. To communicate them to the world, to give them the power of words and commit them to writing, is to give them a strength I'm not sure I could endure.

This is life. I will succeed, come hell or high water. I will have a job by March 1st. I will very likely have a place to live by March 1st. And then, we'll see what happens.